Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"Quilted" Card

I like this quilted technique for cards.  My grandmother is a quilter and this will end up being her Birthday card this year.  I know she will love it!  Plus it features her favorite color . . . Blue!  I think this will keep me at the top of the "Favorite" grandchild list!
I made my quilt block 4" x 4" and cut all my squares at 1" and then halved them for the triangles.  I followed the pattern called "Sarah's Choice" that I found online.  It may have another name, but that's what this particular site called it.  I look forward to making more "blocks" for future cards with different designs.  Now I have a purpose for all of my tiny scraps!!

The sentiment is from CTMH "Celebration" stamp set.

Challenges Entered:
Friday Mashup - Quilted card
Peachy Keen Stamps - Faux stitching
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything goes
Creative Belli Blog - 3 shapes (square, triangle, rectangle)

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt card: I love your triangles in the blocks and your stitching. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I love the faux stitching. I'm sure your grandmother will love her card.

    Thanks for playing in our Quilted card challenge.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love blue so as soon as I saw your card it made me smile! Your comment about staying the favorite grandchild with this card also made me laugh :)

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this quilt card. It looks GORGEOUS! Great stitching too! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love the pattern you chose and the faux stitching is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any quilter would love this card- Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Mom is a quilter and her birthday is coming up soon... I just might need to lift this idea! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I didn't know the name of the pattern - thanks for sharing! And thanks for joining the Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card!! I'm sure your grandma will LOVE it!!
    Thanks for Playing with us @ PKS!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I'm SOOO glad you joined us at Peachy Keen this week!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your grandma will love this.. I love the pattern you achieved and the colors are great together! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors, fabulous use of the 3 shapes. Thanks for sharing on the Belli Challenge for 3 Different Shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card love the colors and patchwork. Thanks for playing with us in the Creative Belli challenge

    ReplyDelete